Non-Contact Multipurpose Metrology Platform
A precise, high-speed metrology and inspection system for processing complex geometries in just a fraction of time versus a traditional CMM.
The DWFritz ZeroTouch® is a robust, shop-floor ready, non-contact metrology platform that captures millions of data points per second in just one scan. ZeroTouch® utilizes a multisensor array for the rapid measurement of surface finish, color, gloss, and complex geometries such as chamfers, knife edges, undercuts, and bores to enable the precise inspection of the most intricate parts with low GRR.
ZeroTouch – Side View
- Captures precision point cloud data to construct complex 3D profiles
- Advanced analytics integration with application specific tools
- GD&T measurements, including complex geometries such as chamfers, knife edges, undercuts, and bores
- Configurable metrology sensor bridge, including:
- Laser and confocal sensors
- High resolution cameras with multispectral lighting
- Additional options include:
- Automatic part registration
- Barcode scanning that automatically loads inspection part plan from MES
- Microenvironment for temperature control
- Automatic part load/unload robot integration
ZeroTouch – Front View
- One system captures multiple, simultaneous measurements in minutes versus a traditional CMM
- Easy creation of part inspection plans requires no programming, saving setup time for different parts
- Measurement of surface finish as well as color and gloss
- Micron-level precision non-contact metrology with high repeatability
- In situ calibration improves repeatability
- Fast identification of production defects, enabling adjustment of upstream processes to reduce waste
- Ease of part placement reduces setup time per part
- Highly configurable and optimized for each manufacturer’s specific application
Introduction to ZeroTouch®
Orthopedic Implant – Knee Joint
What’s in the bridge?
Multisensor technology measures parts faster
Using application-based custom sensors, ZeroTouch® can capture millions of data points per second in just one scan, unlike traditional CMMs.
Multisensor measurement of complex geometries such as bores, undercuts, and chamfers across a wide variety of materials enables precise inspection of even the most intricate parts with low GRR.
Advanced analytics integration
Integration with various industry software allows parts to be analyzed by comparing point cloud scans with nominal CAD models and GD&T controls.
Statistical process control (SPC) data can drive warnings to the MES, reducing variability and scrap.
Highly configurable control software
Working with MES, ZeroTouch® will store and obtain part inspection programs, as well as measurement data for every part, preserving data integrity.
The graphical, menu-driven part inspection planning tools eliminate the need for specialized programming. Part inspection plans can be launched easily by recalling the program from MES or via an optional barcode reader.
- Powertrain components
- Gears and sprockets
- Brake components
- Valve bodies
- Gasket surfaces
- Turbine blades
- Compressor blades
- Dental implants
- Medical implants (ocular, spinal, orthopedic)
- Surgical and general instruments
- Distractors (mandibular, cranial, osteo)
300 x 300 x 300 mm (L x W x H)
Typical cycle time < 3 minutes
0 to 10 Kgs
240 x 150 x 190 cm (W x D x H)
- Barcode reader
- Micro-environmental temperature control (± 0.5° C)
- Automatic part registration
- Part load/unload robot integration
- ISO Class 3 clean air system
3550 Kg (7825 lbs)
High-performance GPU PC, Intel® Core™ i7-7700T Processor